We are looking for a QA Engineer with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and thrive in a team environment, where quality is everyone's responsibility. You will advocate for quality from the very beginning, starting with requirements gathering. Apart from hunting bugs, identifying issues, reporting them, and seeing that they’re dealt with you will also make sure that the whole dev team has the knowledge to perform initial testing themselves. You will be working in cross-functional and cross-national teams.
Who you are
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable - You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change.
- Advocate for quality - You are passionate about the quality and the needs of the end-user, taking a holistic view of the product and communicating constant awareness of the product's quality to the team.
- Continuous improvement junkie - You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things, and passionately advocate continuous improvement.
- A collaboration champion - You work closely with your colleagues to ensure alignment and champion the sharing of learning across the team.
- A problem solver - You are energized by tackling complex problems and using critical thinking. A combination of creativity, logic, and critical thinking can serve you well when challenges arise in your duties.
- Committed to your own growth - You strive to stretch and grow yourself by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback, and also providing feedback to others.
- Communicating with developers, product managers, and designers in order to ensure quality throughout the product development lifecycle
- Acknowledging possible difficulties/issues in future features before the actual development starts.
- Manual and automation testing
- Prioritizing, estimating, and planning testing activities
- Identifying bugs and issues, reporting them, and verifying that they are resolved
- Sharing your knowledge with your teammates and learning from them
- Writing testing documentation that is shared across the team
- Curiosity and passion for digital products
- Good eye for details and aesthetics
- A technically oriented, proactive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic personality
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in a QA and web technologies related field
- Fluency in the English language (verbal & written)
- Previous experience in working within an Agile team
- Basic understanding of design principles and UX, sense of care about users, being their advocate
- Critical thinking
- Experience with at least one testing automation framework (Cypress, Webdriver or similar) and experience with automated software testing processes is a plus, not required
Why you'll enjoy working at d.labs
- We collaborate on interesting international projects, trying to make a real difference
- We are a remote-first organization, with coworkers from different locations in the CET time zone, mostly in Slovenia
- Our development center in Ljubljana and a coworking office in Maribor will be available to you at all times, making it your choice to work from home or from the office
- We work flexible working hours and have a relaxed working environment
- Instead of the traditional top-down hierarchy, we use squads, tribes, and competencies to run our business (adapted from the Spotify model)
- Our teams are cross-functional squads, focused on one project at a time, and include developers, product managers, QA engineers, and when needed also DevOps engineers and product designers, ensuring a collaborative and creative environment
- We are proud of our teamwork and enjoy working with one another
- Our senior experts and managers will be your mentors and allies in helping you achieve your goals
- We offer fair pay, a transparent career and promotion plan
- We have regular monthly 1on1 meetings with our managers
- Our strong HR team is focused on our well-being, connectedness & development
- We focus on internal learning in the form of mentorships, workshops, talks
- We have a strong budget for learning courses & conferences
- We love our events like multiple team buildings per year, the New Year’s party, parties for welcoming newbies, etc., both in person or, if this isn’t possible, online
- Our offices are designed for a good working experience in a relaxed and fun environment (video games, table football, bean bags, couches, etc.)
- We offer activities for caring for our health (gym membership)
Then click on this link and apply,
After the first screening, we love to meet face to face, usually via a video call, so we can learn more about each other. If we see there is a mutual interest, well ask you to spend some more time with us, either by coming to our offices for a full day or going through our online assessment. Our goal is both to get to know your skills better and showcase our culture and way of work to you.